MAD Camp 2023
Mood Disorders Association of Manitoba, together with the United Way, is excited to deliver our signature youth program, Music, Art, and Dance (MAD) Camp.
For youth ages 12-17, this 2 week camp runs from Mon – Fri, 9am- 4pm, July 3rd to August 25th, 2023.
This mental wellness-oriented camp is based on a holistic model and includes healthy snacks and lunches. Activities include (but aren’t limited to!):
- Music – a full music room and staff who can teach you some basics
- Art – create your own ‘Picasso’!
- Dance – learn dance from an experienced instructor and choreograph a routine
- Field Trips – Forks, Parks, Walking Tours, etc.
- Mental Health Education – learn about mood disorders, coping skills, and how to support mental wellness
- Nutrition – learn about healthy eating and nutrition
- Campers will showcase their newfound talent on the last day of camp in our Final Showcase Event!
At MAD Camp, campers develop friendships, support systems, and networks to help them navigate their mental wellbeing. Contact our Youth Program Coordinator with any questions.
PLEASE NOTE: MAD Camp is located at 83 Garry Street, the same building that houses Mood Disorders but in a different space.
Additional instructions: If a session is full, please email email@example.com to be added to the waitlist. We will contact you if we are able to offer the session to the youth.
Drop-off instructions: To access the camp, there is a loading zone where you can drop off your child/children. When you enter the building, please find the set of elevators and go to the second floor. Go straight down and take a left to the end of the hallway and find the sign with our MDAM logo on it.
Check out this heartwarming story “Marching to the beat of their own drum,” involving youth and our M.A.D. Camp as told by our Funding Partner, the United Way of Winnipeg. April 21, 2023
Mon - Fri, July 3rd - Aug 25th, 2023
9am - 4pm