My Wife & I attended the Seniors Tea & Tales inaugural group Tuesday. It's an informal session with Tea & Cookies in an inviting area with couches & chairs. We look forward to sharing stories & tales again next week.
Are you a senior? A newcomer to Canada? Indigenous? Part of the LGBTQIA2S+ community?
You’ve come to the right place!
Mixed Programming at MDAM includes support and resources for Manitobans who identify as seniors, newcomers, Indigenous, or LGBTQIA2S+ (non-binary or non-gender conforming persons). Under this stream we also offer support for depression, anxiety and bipolar, in the form of mixed peer support groups.
We are working hard to expand our mixed programming and services. At this time, we offer our weekly “Tea & Tales” peer support group for seniors (please see below for more details and time). Our Indigenous programming includes our virtual Monday Morning Smudge, accessible live through our Facebook page at 9:00 am every Monday morning. For the LGBTQIA2S+ community, we offer our Mixed Coffee & Chat every Tuesday from 5:30 – 6:30 pm at our office. Newcomer programming will be coming soon!
For individuals with Bipolar, we offer a weekly mixed Bipolar Group, every Tuesday from 6:30 – 7:30pm at our office.
Our Mixed Depression & Anxiety Group is for individuals and/or family members struggling with anxiety and depression. This group meets every Thursday from 6:30 – 7:30 pm at our offices.
List of Program/Services:
- Monday Morning Smudge: Every Monday, 9:00 am – 9:15 am, LIVE on Facebook
- Mixed Seniors Tea & Tales: Every Tuesday, 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm at 4 Fort Street, Winnipeg, MB.
- Mixed Coffee & Chat: Every Tuesday, 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm at 4 Fort Street, Winnipeg, MB.
- Mixed Bipolar Group: Every Tuesday, 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm at 4 Fort Street, Winnipeg, MB.
- Mixed Depression & Anxiety Group: Every Thursday, 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm at 4 Fort Street, Winnipeg, MB.
If you have any programming ideas or would like to offer financial support for our programming, we’d love to hear from you.